While scanning the blogosphere today, I came across an interesting idea. It reminded me of the 25 questions post on facebook where you list 25 random things about yourself and then tag 25 friends to do the same. Instead, the task at hand is to answer five questions. I found the post on blog I just discovered today called Five Crooked Halos. Seems easy enough and since I have been feeling lousy with allergies and haven’t baked/cooked anything new or fun and therefor have nothing to write today, I thought this would make a good filler post. Here goes:
1. Would you ever vacation alone?
2. Do you drive the speed limit?
3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?
4. Where do you shop for yourself?
5. What was the first song you danced to with your spouse at your wedding…or…what song would you like to dance or have danced to?
And the answers are:
1. Yes, sort of. I used to take travel assignments alone and often considered them to be independent vacations. My favorite, of course, was NYC. I like traveling alone. I like that I don’t have to consult with anyone about the day’s agenda, I can stop as many times as I want to take pictures and people watch. I can change plans on a whim and have no one to answer to, except me.
Having said that, or wrote that, I do have to say I love traveling with friends and family, too. Their input means I may get to see something that I didn’t think of before.
2. Hmmm, I do most of the time. I tend to speed on my way to work, otherwise I drive the speed limit. Occasionally, I accidentally speed, but stop as soon as I notice that I’m doing it. Sometimes the police notice before I do. I don’t like it when that happens.
3. I started following Smitten Kitchen first at the suggestion of my friend, Eileen. I used to post pictures of what I was cooking on facebook and she commented that it looked like Smitten Kitchen (not hardly as well done, but thanks, Eileen). I started blogging when I kept getting requests to post recipes and suggestions from friends to start a blog. Now that I’m doing it, I wonder what I got myself into. I have a sincere admiration for those bloggers that do it so well.
4. I shop at Dillards, Macy’s, Lane Bryant, and Nordstrom for clothes. My favorite stores are Amazon, Sur La Table and Williams-Sonoma.
5. My husband and I were married in Las Vegas. Just the two of us. We didn’t really have a first dance. If we were to get married today, I would chose the song, Remember When by Alan Jackson. Even though I am not a huge country fan, this song reminds me of us.
If you are a blogger who has stumbled upon my blog, please click the link below and follow the instructions to keep the blog hop going.
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…